May Concert Details
The standard Monday night rehearsal this week is at North Atlanta as usual. Our third MAYWE concert of the season will be held on, Wednesday, May 1 at 8:00 p.m. at the Dr. Bobbie Bailey & Family Performance Center on the Kennesaw State University campus. The address is 488 Prillaman Way, Kennesaw, GA 30144. We have been working very hard and have a wonderful program planned for you. We hope that many parents, relatives and friends are able to attend. There is no charge to attend.
Below please find all of the details for concert. Please read these very carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
MAYWE Concert Details
- Concert call time is7:00 p.m. SHARPon Monday.. Please leave as early as you possibly can. This is our dress rehearsaland it is expected that all musicians will be punctual. If you have an unavoidable issue that prevents you from being there at 7:00 you must e-mail Kim Everett (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.
- Students should arrive in concert dress, as there will not be a place to change. The concert dress requirements have been pasted at the end of this e-mail for your convenience.
- Students are to enter the Bailey Center and report to the rehearsal hall.
- KSU’s policy is that non-performers are not allowed backstage or rehearsal area.
- The concert begins at 8:00 p.m.. KSU Staff will open the house doors for admission into the theater beginning at 7:45pm.
- There is absolutely no audiotaping, videotaping or picture taking of any kind allowed during the concert. The KSU staff will be very strict about this. To avoid a potentially uncomfortable and public situation, it would probably be best to leave cameras and video cameras at home.
- Parents are not allowed on or back stage in KSU at any time. After the concert, please proceed to the lobby. The musicians will meet you there within 10 minutes of the conclusion of the concert. Again, please do not wait for the students in the hall or attempt to come onto the stage or backstage.
MAYWE Concert Dress Policy
The goal of the ensemble concert dress policy is to present to the audience a unified and professional appearance. Any member who comes to a performance in unacceptable attire will not be allowed to perform until the attire conforms to the concert dress policy.
Wind Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble Gentlemen
- Black tuxedo jacket and matching trousers (no jeans of any kind)
- White tuxedo shirt
- Black cummerbund and bow tie
- Black dress shoes with black socks (no white socks or tennis shoes)
- Please, no cologne
Wind Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble Ladies
- A floor-length black dress with long or ¾ sleeves, OR black “dressy” slacks/trousers and matching black top with long or ¾ sleeves (no Capri pants, jeans, hip-huggers, cropped pants or pants with stripes or any patterns)
- Black hose or socks (no light colored hose or bare legs)
- Black shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, tennis shoes, or open-toed shoes of any type)
- Simple jewelry (no glitter or sparkling jewelry)
- Please, no perfume