Congratulations on a wonderful concert this past week at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church. I hope you enjoyed the concert as much as I did! So proud of you all!!!
Due to the number of students performing at LGPE this week, we will not rehearse this week (March 11th). We will start rehearsals for our final concert of the season on Monday, March 18th at NAHS.
Best wishes to all at LGPE!
Our second MAYWE concert of the season will be held on, Monday, March 4, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church. The address is 955 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA 30068.
We have been working very hard and have a wonderful program planned for you. We hope that many parents, relatives and friends are able to attend. There is no charge to attend. Please find concert details below. Please read these very carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
MAYWE Concert Details
- Concert call time is6:15 p.m. SHARP on Monday. Traffic will likely be worse at this hour than at our usual start time of 7:00. Please leave as early as you possibly can. This is our dress rehearsal and it is expected that all musicians will be punctual. If you have an unavoidable issue that prevents you from being there at 6:15 you must e-mail Kim Everett (email@example.com) immediately.
- Students should arrive in concert dress, as there will not be a place to change. The concert dress requirements have been pasted at the end of this e-mail for your convenience.
- Parking:You can park in the spots on the north side of the sanctuary.
- Please enter from the front of the Sanctuary (look for the steeple).
- The concert begins at 7:30pm. Please wait in the lobby; doors for admission into the theater beginning at 7:15pm. . There are many food and coffee establishments in the area if parents wish to wait prior to the concert.
- There is absolutely no audiotaping, videotaping or picture taking of any kind allowed during the concert. To avoid a potentially uncomfortable and public situation, it would probably be best to leave cameras and video cameras at home.
MAYWE Concert Dress Policy
The goal of the ensemble concert dress policy is to present to the audience a unified and professional appearance. Any member who comes to a performance in unacceptable attire will not be allowed to perform until the attire conforms to the concert dress policy.
Wind Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble Gentlemen
- Black tuxedo jacket and matching trousers (no jeans of any kind)
- White tuxedo shirt
- Black cummerbund and bow tie
- Black dress shoes with black socks (no white socks or tennis shoes)
- Please, no cologne
Wind Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble Ladies
- A floor-length black dress with long or ¾ sleeves, OR black “dressy” slacks / trousers and matching black top with long or ¾ sleeves (no Capri pants, jeans, hip-huggers, cropped pants or pants with stripes or any patterns)
- Black hose or socks (no light colored hose or bare legs)
- Black shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, tennis shoes, or open-toed shoes of any type)
- Simple jewelry (no glitter or sparkling jewelry)
- Please, no perfume