MAYWE and MAYWE 2 (middle School) are proud to announce the new season launch for 2020. The season is created and designed to provide band students a safe community to come together in a physically and socially safe environment to make music with peers from band programs across Atlanta. Auditions are currently open for students to submit a video recording for audition. Auditions are currently being accepted until October 7th. See the “Auditions” page for more information. Click here for more audition info.
Dear Member and Parents –
Due to the recent school cancelation announcement from Fulton County Schools of a confirmed employee with the coronavirus, in an overabundance of caution for our members, families, and staff, we are canceling MAYWE rehearsal for this evening.
We will keep you informed of the status of next week’s rehearsal at our earliest convenience.
Student and Parents were sent several links, earlier today, to the scores for our last concert cycle. We ask that students print out their parts and practice this week.
Our second MAYWE concert of the season will be tonight, Monday, March 2, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church. The address is 955 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068.
Students should plan to arrive no later than 6:30 p.m. for a 6:45 p.m. call time for warm-up. There are plenty of food options near the church for parents prior to the concert.
We have been working very hard and have a wonderful program planned for you. We hope that many parents, relatives, and friends will be able to attend.
There is no charge to attend.
Please find concert details below. Please read these very carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
MAYWE Concert Details
- Concert call time is 6:45 p.m. SHARP on Monday. Traffic will likely be worse at this hour than at our usual start time of 7:00 p.m. Please leave as early as you possibly can. This is our dress rehearsal and it is expected that all musicians will be punctual. If you have an unavoidable issue that prevents you from being there at 6:45 p.m. you must e-mail Kim Everett (email@example.com) immediately.
- Students should arrive in concert dress, as there will not be a place to change. The concert dress requirements have been pasted at the end of this e-mail for your convenience.
- Parking: Park in the north parking lot, enter at the traffic light at Little Willeo Road (look for the steeple).
- Students will report to the Sanctuary.
- Parents can enter through the lobby at the front of the Sanctuary.
- The concert begins at 8:00 p.m. Staff will open the house doors for admission into the Sanctuary beginning at 7:45 p.m.
- There is absolutely no audiotaping, videotaping or picture taking of any kind allowed during the concert. To avoid a potentially uncomfortable and public situation, it would probably be best to leave cameras and video cameras at home.
MAYWE Concert Dress Policy
The goal of the ensemble concert dress policy is to present to the audience a unified and professional appearance. Any member who comes to a performance in unacceptable attire will not be allowed to perform until the attire conforms to the concert dress policy.
Wind Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble Gentlemen
- Black tuxedo jacket and matching trousers (no jeans of any kind)
- White tuxedo shirt
- Black cummerbund and bow tie
- Black dress shoes with black socks (no white socks or tennis shoes)
- Please, no cologne
Wind Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble Ladies
- A floor-length black dress with long or ¾ sleeves, OR black “dressy” slacks/trousers and matching black top with long or ¾ sleeves (no Capri pants, jeans, hip-huggers, cropped pants or pants with stripes or any patterns)
- Black hose or socks (no light colored hose or bare legs)
- Black shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, tennis shoes, or open-toed shoes of any type)
- Simple jewelry (no glitter or sparkling jewelry)
- Please, no perfume
Due to school calendar conflicts due to LGPE events, too many students are unable to perform on the 3rd as originally planned. Therefore, in lieu of the scheduled rehearsal, we will host the Concert 2 on March 2, 2020 @ Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, Marietta.
Happy New Year!
Our 2020 Winter Concert music prep begins with our first rehearsal of the new year, new decade on January 13.
The music is updated and available on the members only page. See everyone at North Atlanta HS on Monday at 7pm.
Happy New Year!
The Concert Cycle 2: Winter Concert Cycle (5 rehearsals ) begins January 13th. We look forward to seeing everyone again at North Atlanta HS.
Our first MAYWE concert of the season will be held on, Monday, December 16 at 7:00 p.m. at
the new Harrison High School Performing Arts Center. The address is 4500 Due West Road,
Kennesaw, GA 30152.
We are excited about our collaboration with the Harrison Percussion Ensemble. The concert begins with the HHS Percussion Ensemble at 7pm with the MAYWE performance following immediately after a short intermission. Students should plan to arrive no later than 6:30 for a 6:45 call time in the band room for warm-up. We have been working very hard and have a wonderful program planned for you. We hope that many parents, relatives and friends will be able to attend.
There is no charge to attend.
Concert 1: Monday, December 16, 2019 -KSU Bailey Center for Performing Arts (6:15 pm call time/ 7:30 pm concert)
MAYWE resumes rehearsals tonight after our two-week break for marching band events. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing everyone tonight! -Dr. V
The first rehearsal and parent meeting of the season will be held on Monday, September 23rd, 2019 at North Atlanta High School.
Rehearsal begins at 7p and the parent meeting at 7:15p