Video Audition Requirements
This page describes how to apply and what to perform for the video audition submission. Application Deadline is October 7, 2020.
For membership/tuition information, click here.
How to apply:
To apply, complete the online application form found by clicking here!
Please read all the information below prior to applying.
Submit all information, audition fee, and audition recording by the deadline. Audition Fees are $25 (non-refundable) for each student auditioning and are due upon submission of your audition.
- To apply, the student must be a member of his/her school band or orchestra program if the school has a band or orchestra program. Homeschooled students are welcome to apply.
How to submit audition recordings:
Audition recordings are to be submitted online as mp4 video files. Links for submission will be received after one has completed the audition registration process.
What to Perform in the Audition Video
Students should prepare TWO SCALES OF THEIR CHOICE plus approximately 3 total minutes of music of two contrasting styles from standard repertoire for their instrument. The difficulty of the excerpts should reflect the musician’s ability.
Select music that you believe represents your best playing (technical skill and musicality). You may use a GMEA All-State etude, music from your current band class, or private lessons. On average, the final video submission will be 4-5 minutes in length.
Audition Video and Audio Requirements:
Since this is the only chance for the student to be heard, the quality of the recording should be of consideration. The quality of your recording will affect the evaluators’ ability to review and comment. Select a quiet setting. Video created on a cell phone, device, camera or computer are acceptable.
• Review your recording(s) before you submit to check the sound level and ensure the best audio quality.
• Be aware of the acoustic environment in which you record. Background noise and poor sound quality make your recording difficult to evaluate.
• Only unedited recordings can be accepted.
• Dress for an audition. This is a professional audition.
• State your name, age and high school at the beginning of your audition recording.
Rehearsals are held on Mondays
MAYWE 2 (Middle School) from 5:30-6:30pm. and MAYWE (High School) from 7-9pm
We are pleased to announce that MAYWE will be rehearsing physically distanced weekly in the Johnson Ferry Baptist Church Sanctuary in Marietta, GA. The street address for GPS use is 955 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta, GA 30068.
- Masks required
- Temperature Check at check in; prior to entry
- 3 students per pew, physically distant; every other row
- Air handling is designed for 1,500+ people
- Instrument Bell Coverings utilization requested
- Students Bring/Use their own music stand and music for a touch-free environment
Example of portable stand: