Updated 2020-2021 Dates.
Rehearsals Now at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta.
Metropolitan Atlanta Youth Wind Ensemble rehearsals in the sanctuary of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church which provides the ensemble a large room to practice physically-distant seating in compliance with COVID19 guidelines. JFBC is located at 955 Johnson Ferry Rd, Marietta GA 30068. Parking is free.
Rehearsal and Concert Schedule
• MAYWE [HIGH SCHOOL] rehearsals are 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m./ Rehearsals will be limited to conclude at 8:30p until COVID19 guidelines relax
MAYWE 2 [MIDDLE SCHOOL] rehearsals are 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Rehearsals for the season begin Monday, January 11th, 2021.
Concert Cycle 1 :
Required Parent/Student Virtual Meeting : Jan. 10th – 4pm p.m. A zoom link will be emailed to invited members
Rehearsals begin Jan 11th.
Tuition may be mailed in advance or may be paid on location via cash, check, or credit card. Credit card payments will be processed on site which may require additional time. Students who have not settled tuition by the conclusion of first rehearsal will be placed on the standby list (for the second concert cycle) thus forfeiting their membership in the section to the next alternate performer in the section.
Music-making is a critical part of a band student’s educational and social community. Our focus this season to provide students a community of music making in a safe, mitigated environment. COVID19 Mitigation practices are being strictly employed. All performances are currently planned to be presented via a digital recording made on the last rehearsal of each concert cycle. Should COVID19 restrictions change and restrict face to face meetings of less than 50 people, we are prepared to adjust the instruction to virtual rehearsals and sectionals via Zoom and UpbeatMusicApp.
- Masks required
- Temperature Check at check in; prior to entry
- 3 students per pew, physically distant (side to side); spaced every other row (front to back); directors will be on the elevated platform area with instructional mic for amplification
- Air handling is robustly designed for 1,500+ people capacity
- Instrument Bell Coverings should be utilized
- Students Bring/Use their own music stand and music for a touch-free environment
Winter Concert Cycle / Concert Cycle 1
(6 rehearsals )
Jan 11, 25
Feb 1, 8, 15, 22 (Dress Rehearsal and Virtual Performance Recording)
Concert 2: VIRTUAL CONCERT will be recorded and distributed to students and parents over the week of the 22nd.
Spring Concert Cycle / Concert Cycle 2
Mar 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
April 12, 19 (Dress Rehearsal and Virtual Performance Recording)
Concert 2: VIRTUAL CONCERT will be recorded and distributed to students and parents over the week of the 19th.